I struggled for some time to know about Giga, mega, tera, kilo? What do they mean? Finally get the solution to know and calculate with this reference chart which I found very useful to compare computer data file sizes.
The byte (pronounced /ˈbaɪt/), is a unit of digital information in computing and telecommunications, which most commonly consists of eight bits. Historically, a byte was the number of bits used to encode a single character of text in a computer and it is for this reason the basic addressable element in many computer architectures.
The formula, see how simple it is !!!!!
- 1 Byte = 8 bits
- 1 kiloByte ( kb ) = 1 024 Bytes
- 1 megaByte (Mb) = 1 024 kb = 1 048 576 Bytes
- 1 gigaByte (Gb) = 1 024 Mb = 1 073 741 824 Bytes
- 1 teraByte (Tb) = 1 024 Gb = 1 099 511 627 776 Bytes
- 1 petaByte (Pb) = 1 024 Tb = 1 125 899 906 842 624 Bytes
File size conversion
The file size conversion table below shows the relationship between the file storage sizes that computers use. Binary calculations are based on units of 1,024, and decimal calculations are based on units of 1,000. It should be noted that decimal calculations are based on units that have been rounded off to the nearest 1,000 and therefore differ from the actual number of bytes used in binary calculations. Here is a solution for all our bytes problems !!!! Convert all Bytes !!!!!
- Formula are below;
- Our byte calculator, bytes mb converter, mb converter, mb to bytes, converter bit byte, megabytes, megabytes …… A byte converter to answer all your questions how many mb in a gb? How many gb in a tb? kb to gb calculator? how many mb in a gb?
|Name||Symbol||Number of Bytes||Equal to|