As I am keen to learn interesting facts, cool spaces and much more, science is a fascinating subject with many amazing things to learn and discover. Thankfully many scientists you’ve got a lot of time to research and gave us many facts. Here are some facts discovered in the past about our amazing human body facts for kids and find out more about bones, skeletons, eyes, blood, muscles, the brain, heart and much more.
Human Body Facts
- The brain uses over a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body. .
- The heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36500000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen around the body. They are created inside the bone marrow of your bones. .
- The colour of a human’s skin is determined by the level of pigment melanin that the body produces. Those with small amounts of melanin have light skin while those with large amounts have dark skin.
- Adult lungs have a surface area of around 70 square metres! .
- Most adults have 32 teeth.
- The smallest bone found in the human body is located in the middle ear. The staples (or stirrup) bone is only 2.8 millimeters long.
- The nose and ears continue growing throughout our entire life. .
- Infants blink only once or twice a minute while adults average around 10.
- As every human have unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints.
- The left side of our body is controlled by the right side of our brain while the right side of our body is controlled by the left side of our brain.
- Antibiotics are only effective against bacteria; they won’t help in fighting off a virus.
- It takes the body around 12 hours to completely digest the food what we eat.
- Our sense of smell is around 10000 times more sensitive than our sense of taste.
What an amazing facts !!